– SET Index closed at 1,593.75 points, increased 5.96 points or 0.38% with a trading value of 81.3 billion baht. The analyst stated that hopes of reopening with a pioneer project of the Phuket Sandbox resulted in the Thai stock market to outperform other Asian markets in today’s trading session that traded lower due to the slowdown of Chinese factory activity growth in June.
Nevertheless, the analyst recommended investors to monitor the Covid-19 situation in Thailand after the daily death toll just hit a new high yesterday, while keeping an eye on the progress of Phuket Sandbox.
Moreover, the OPEC meeting is scheduled to hold later today, which could end up in a production increase by 0.5-1.0 million barrels per day in Aug.
In addition, the analyst expected the Thai stock market to continue the positive momentum but with a limited upside, giving tomorrow’s movement range between 1,580-1,600 points.
– A combined 1.8 billion baht of buying pressure from Local Institutions, Proprietary Trading and Foreign Investors lifted SET Index up by 6 points on the opening day of 2H21.
– Thailand reported 5,533 new Covid-19 cases with a record high death toll of 57.
– DBS Vickers Securities projected TTA to recover in 2Q21, bolstered by its core business, “the bulk cargo,” and the global order for container vessels falling to a 30-year low.
– KTBST expected ORI to maintain its momentum in 2Q21, with the chance of setting a new 7-quarter high, with estimated presales of 8,000 million baht, up 22% YoY and 4% QoQ.
– AWS had a positive view on tourism-related stocks, expecting to see a gradual increase in tourist numbers from the Phuket Sandbox.
– BANPU plunged 14.74% at the opening after the announcement of the Board’s decision for a capital increase.
– Stocks in Focus on July 1, 2021: GLOBAL (Maybank Kim Eng Securities TP at ฿26.00/share) and KTC (KTBST Securities TP at ฿90.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on July 1, 2021